Re: [gtk-list] Re: I want to understand

Robert_Gasch/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com writes:

> I am also slightly disgusted by the fact that my C++ prog is
> starting to approach kernel compile times ...

Kernel compile times ? And you're complaining ? :-)

On my machine (P-II 333, 96Mb), the kernel compiles in less than 4mns,
Gtk-- compiles in about 20 :-)

This is divided by 2 or 3 if I turn optimisation off, though. A trick
I regularly use whenever I'm debugging and know I'll be doing mass
recompilation.

> although in my experience, the bottleneck is typically the
> programmer :-)

Certainly (not meant to you at all :-).

--
					Guillaume.