Re: [gtk-list] Wondering if anyone wants to help with a cool new interface toolkit

>We're looking for people who might be interested in helping us with a new
>interface toolkit we're working on.  It's NOT in anyway a competitor to GTK:
>in fact, eventually we'd like to figure out a way to merge our work and the
>GTK stuff.  We are primarily concerned with WEB-BASED interface generation
>for applications:  in other words, imagine rendering GTK-like stuff in a web
>browser using some hardcore HTML, images (perhaps rendered on the fly using
>Magick), tables, DHTML, you name it.  We are working on a framework that
>abstracts the client-server architecture a lot, and we're looking for people
>who might want to help with designing the interface.
[...]

Hmm. Interesting. You'd have to rely on the browser a lot for the actual
rendering of the widgets; and you'd most likely only be able to display one
dialogue box at a time (unless you did evil things with Javascript creating
new browser windows). How will you send events back to the server? IIRC only
buttons do this.

...actually, if you were to use layers, you *could* start rendering your own
widgets for things like menus. The thought makes me break into a cold sweat,
though.

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "Gaping from its single obling socket was
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+ Argon_