Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget handling of "default values"

Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de>
>The interesting thing is that <Tab> has this effect, that means the
>focus_in_event handling routine works in principle, but it doesn't work
>with the mouse.  Do I have to do a gtk_signal_connect_after/before
>to solve this problem??

Hi again, I had a look at the source.

When gtkentry sees a button press, it grabs the focus (triggering your
select_region signal), and after that starts selection processing. It moves
the cursor to the location of the button-click, and gets ready to do drag-area
stuff to select a region and all that hoo-ha.

So ... your signal is triggered way too early. The only thing I can think of
is to connect to "event" and look for BUTTON_UP ... I tried it and it does
sort-of work. Anyone got a better idea?

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN