No text on buttons and in menu on HP-UX

Under HP-UX 10.10/20 I compiled version 1.2.1 of GTK+ against X11R5.
Compile and install went really well. However, the testapplication in
the gtk subdirectory shows some problems. I just can't see any texts
on the buttons. If I compile applications which use gtk+ (like gnome's
gnumeric) there are also no texts in the menus where there obviously
has to be one (but I can see the bitmaps in the menues).

Can anybody help me a little? What do I wrong?

Martin
Martin Egloff					 Siemens Schweiz AG
martin.egloff@siemens.ch			 Freilagerstrasse 38
Tel: +41 1 4955766				 CH-8047 Zuerich