Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 01:05:06AM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> I think the toolbar may need redesigning a bit. It was pretty awkward
> getting it to work in Glade.
>
> It's not very object-oriented at present. For it to work well with a
> GUI builder, we'd probably need a GtkToolbarItem widget (a simple subclass
> of bin), with properties such as:
>
>   type - standard/toggle/radio/widget/space.
>   icon - the graphic to show.
>   label - the text to show.
>   tooltip - the tooltip.
>   group - radio group if it is a radio item.
>
> If it's type is 'widget' you could add any widget to it like a normal
> container.

i think the overall structure of it is fine as it is.  the items
you've mentioned above are what's currently called GtkToolbarChild
(minus the radio group for radio buttons).

what's missing in the API is obvious: manipulating individual toolbar
child items.  currently, you can add items, but that's it.  there no
provisions for changing, deleting, etc.

regards,
--andy