Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

Andy Kahn wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 11:53:22PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm, it looks like you've found a hole in the GtkToolbar API -
> > there is no way to remove or hide spaces.
> >
> > Right now, it looks like the cleanest way would be to destroy
> > the toolbar and recreate it.
> >
> > There probably should be a gtk_toolbar_remove_item() call.
> > (Patches solicited...)

I think the toolbar may need redesigning a bit. It was pretty awkward
getting it to work in Glade.

It's not very object-oriented at present. For it to work well with a
GUI builder, we'd probably need a GtkToolbarItem widget (a simple subclass
of bin), with properties such as:

  type - standard/toggle/radio/widget/space.
  icon - the graphic to show.
  label - the text to show.
  tooltip - the tooltip.
  group - radio group if it is a radio item.

If it's type is 'widget' you could add any widget to it like a normal
container.

I'm not sure if a GtkRadioToolbarItem subclass is necessary.

Damon