Re: [gtk-list] Filename influences behavior?

On 09/16/98 Eric Harlow uttered the following other thing:

> Hi,
>
> I'm witnessing strange behavior and I don't know why it's occuring.  I
> made a small clock application (about 200 lines) and compiled it.
> Worked great.  So I renamed it - it worked, but the titlebar and
> border disappeared!  I couldn't get them to reappear so I renamed the
> file and the titlebar reappeared!  The named that worked was "clockx"
> - "clock" or "gtkclock" would not work.  I've included the source
> below - if comment out the events, you should be able to get it to
> compile.  I'm using gtk-1.0.4

Chances are this is your window manager.  You probably have something
which tells it not to add a border to *clock.  From my .fvwmrc:

Style "*clock" Notitle, Sticky, WindowListSkip, Icon clock.xpm

See, notitle.  You probably have noborder as well.

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long        "The most merciful thing in the world is the inability
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy    of the human mind to correlate all its contents."