Filename influences behavior?

Hi,

I'm witnessing strange behavior and I don't know why it's occuring.  I
made a small clock application (about 200 lines) and compiled it.
Worked great.  So I renamed it - it worked, but the titlebar and
border disappeared!  I couldn't get them to reappear so I renamed the
file and the titlebar reappeared!  The named that worked was "clockx"
- "clock" or "gtkclock" would not work.  I've included the source
below - if comment out the events, you should be able to get it to
compile.  I'm using gtk-1.0.4

The main routine that does this is:

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *drawing_area;
  GtkWidget *vbox;

  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

  vbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 0);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), vbox);
  gtk_widget_show (vbox);

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window), "destroy",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (quit), NULL);

  // --- Create the drawing area
  drawing_area = gtk_drawing_area_new ();
  gtk_drawing_area_size (GTK_DRAWING_AREA (drawing_area), 200, 200);
  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (vbox), drawing_area, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

  gtk_widget_show (drawing_area);

  // --- Signals used to handle backing pixmap
  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (drawing_area), "expose_event",
                      (GtkSignalFunc) expose_event, NULL);
  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(drawing_area),"configure_event",
                      (GtkSignalFunc) configure_event, NULL);

  gtk_widget_show (window);

  gtk_timeout_add (1000, Repaint, drawing_area);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}