Re: [gtk-list] Re: Intended behaviour of gtk_box_pack_{start,end}?

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 09:23:21PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Also on my dynamic-friendly wishlist:
>
>  - freeze/thaw as a GtkContainer function
>  - Menu, Notebook could have a function:
>    gtk_*_set_empty_message(const gchar* message);
>    which gives a message to display in a label if there are no pages
>    or menu items, since the dynamic changes can leave them empty.
>
> Havoc

I'm glad someone is thinking about this.  I've been working with
dynamically changing the table widget and had noticed an annoying
behavior where, when a widget is removed from a table in which
row_spacings or col_spacings != 0, the extra spacing is left at the
right edge or bottom edge of the removed widget.  (This is even true
when a column of rightmost widgets or a row of bottommost widgets is
removed from the table).  Is there a *nice* way to get rid of this
extra spacing, or am I best off using gtk_table_set_row_spacing(n, 0)?

--
David J. C. Beach <beach@ataman.com>
Ataman Software, Inc.