Re: Intended behaviour of gtk_box_pack_{start,end}?

> Hope this helps,

Yes, it helps.   I guess the info file and the tutorial are out of
sync, and I should send you diffs... :')

Anyway, the problem with this is that in the application I'm writing,
I need to be able to say "put this widget at the very start of the
box", and "put this widget at the very end of the box."   This can't
be done numerically without iterating through the entire list of
widgets, which is otherwise a completely needless operation.

The reason for doing this is that the contents of the box aren't
static - they're dynamic.  As an adjustment object is adjusted,
widgets are created and destroyed on the fly.  This is rather clumsy,
but the alternative is to have a box with an arbitrary number of
elements - however many are present in the database - and this is
even more clumsy, since I don't want to restrict the size of table my
application can display.

Would it be considered useful if I added some box primitives that
supported adding widgets at the beginning and end of the box, as
opposed to in two insertion-ordered classes with different affinities?

Also, I'd like to be able to say "put all the padding at the end (or
beginning) of the box, and don't space the widgets out to fill it."
Is that possible now, and if not, would it be considered a useful
addition?

			       _MelloN_