Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk+-1.0.5-2 (RPM), gtk+-1.1.1, & gpgp-0.2

First, the formalities...

With the help of people on this list, and that of Max Valianskiy
<maxcom@maxcom.ml.org> (the maintainer of GnomePGP), I now have it built
and installed.  Thank you, all.

  -----

I also felt that it might be useful to report back to the list, the steps
I finally had to take to successfully build and install GnomePGP; I
thought- someone else might find them helpful.

Remember, I started with a RedHat V5.1 installation, which had all of
the files listed in RedHat's errata, installed.

To get GnomePGP to configure, build, & install, I had to do the following:

 o  upgrade to gtk+-devel-1.1.1-1.i386.rpm
    (replacing gtk+-devel-1.0.5-2)

 o  install gtk+-1.1.1-1.i386.rpm
    (installed along with gtk+-1.0.5-2)

 o  install glib-devel-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm
    to pick up the /usr/include/glib.h that was lost, when gtk+-devel-1.0.5
    was replaced -- no previous version of glib-devel was installed

 o  upgrade to gnome-libs-devel-0.27-1.i386.rpm
    replacing gnome-libs-devel-0.13-10
    to fix an error found in /usr/include/libgnomeui/gnome-calculator.h

 o  Point GTK_CONFIG to /usr/bin/gtk-config

 o  run the script as follows:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gtktest

Unfortunately, there was a minor problem with the installation.  But,
gpgp works, anyway.  Max has told me that the installation problem had
already been discovered, and will be fixed in the next release.

Again, Thank you everyone, for your assistance.  /  Ray
Ray Marshall <raym@vnet.net>        | Unconditional Forgiveness & Love --
Chapel Hill NC or Sutton Mills NH   |   The corner stones of coexistence.
Work: raym@nortel.ca