Re: [gtk-list] Re: Plotting widget?

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 08:47:21AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Yesterday in the late evening I steped over GNU plotutils.  I wonder if
> it is possible to use libplot for this purpose?  Why doing things from
> scratch if there are libraries to use?  May be the library can profit from
> your investigations in guppi.

The problem with plotutils is that, while a nice package, it is
inherently non-interactive.  It renders static images.

For Guppi, we want to provide the ability to manipulate the plot
interactively, with things like mouse-driven zooming and panning.  The
gtk-- plot/drawing widgets also allow for animated displays.

-JT