Re: [gtk-list] Re: Plotting widget?

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> We are starting work on such things: www.gnome.org/guppi/. Will even have
> a new version soon; you can track developments on guppi-list (see the web
> page for info) or by checking back on the page.
>
> Most existing code is more mature; e.g. GnuPlot, R, etc. But ours is the
> only Gtk code I know of, unless you start from scratch with GtkDrawingArea
> or GnomeCanvas. Starting from scratch is probably easier in many cases
> since we haven't written plot code for many kinds of plot you might want
> to do.
Yesterday in the late evening I steped over GNU plotutils.  I wonder if
it is possible to use libplot for this purpose?  Why doing things from
scratch if there are libraries to use?  May be the library can profit from
your investigations in guppi.

I will have a look on Guppi.  For the first time a have a quite simple
application which would possibly fit any plot-widget:  I want to display
some (more than one) histograms.  Now I do this with the GtkCurve-Widget
for each histogram but this is annoying because it is important to
compare the different curves and have labeled axis.

Kind regards

      Andreas.