Re: [gtk-list] Re: Plotting widget?

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> We are starting work on such things: www.gnome.org/guppi/. Will even have
> a new version soon; you can track developments on guppi-list (see the web
> page for info) or by checking back on the page.
After having a look at www.gnome.org/guppi/ I think that gtk--draw is
my friend for the more simple purpose.  The problem for me is, that
it is C++.  May be that isn't a real problem, but I wonder if it
is reasonable to write basic widgets for Gtk+, which is written in C,
in C++.  I would consider it to be better, if such widgets would be
written in C and a additionally wrapper should be supported.

Off course I can't enforce any developer to stick on C if he prefers
C++.  What is the general policy in such cases?  I don't want to write
my complex program in C++ only to use gtk--draw.

Kind regards

      Andreas.