gdk shm momory bug on Alpha

To any gtk/gdk devoloper reading this list:

I posted an error report on GNOME on Alpha the other day, and got no
response, so I tried to track down the problem further.

Any gtk-1.1.1 app causes the following error when compiled on an Alpha:

** ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

This turns out to be a bug in gdk's shared memory handling. Starting the
same app with --no-xshm allows it to run, albeit much slower. This was
using gtk-1.1.1 built from source. The same error does not occur using an
app compiled with gtk+-1.0.x

If anyone can help me track this down, it would be much appreciated.

Conrad

Ps. I know 1.1.1 is a devel version, but it has to be tried out by
someone...:-)

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2965 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |