Re: [gtk-list] Re: announce: yet another gtk+ C++ wrapper (no caps as Owen suggest)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

>I really don't think VDK nor Gtk-- is going to eliminate the
>other. I'd wage VDK can be rewritten on top of Gtk-- without too many
>problems, and may even be shorter this way.

i really think that gtk-- and VDK not only eliminate themselves but can
help one another, gtk-- developers shoul be boost by the
presence of VDK and viceversa.
I know the opinion of Guillame that in early stages and privatly tried to
convince me to make VDK on gtk-- top, technically can be done but
i guess that if it's a difficult task to track Gtk+ development what should be
follow gtk-- that follows Gtk+ ?
Personally  (and no claims here) i prefer the Karl Nelson idea of hierarchy:
1. Gtk+ for hackers
2. mixed gtk--/VDK for middle range
3. VDK for top level works
I think that level 2 is feasible with shared libs. The "odd" way to
manage signal/events that Christof Petig mentioned about VDK is an advantage
now because  two paradigms does not interfere.  As soon as possible i'll try to
make some examples with mixed code gtk--/VDK, or someone offers himself as
volunteer.?
--
friendly
Mario Motta