Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Having Trouble with Initialization Lists

Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> (while testing this program, I found an odd feature from egcs/linker
> under linux .. looks like linker didnt find Gtk_Object::signal_connect
> at all, even though my libgtkmm-1.1.so does seem to have it :-)

 Just to tell you all:

egcs-1.1 external names are not always compatible with egcs-1.0 names
(egcs-1.1 supports namespace). Though if you demangle them (nm -C) you wont
see any difference. This might also be true for gcc-2.7/2.8 -> egcs-1.0.

We had to recompile libgtkmm (and all dependant libs) with egcs-1.1 .

Besides that egcs-1.1 works like a charm! Recommended! Though I would not dare
to use 'namespace' in freeware projects right now.

 Christof