Re: [gtk-list] Gtk--: Having Trouble with Initialization Lists

Steve Baker <ssbaker@primenet.com> writes:
> I'm not certain yet whether this problems is caused by my unfamiliarty
> with Gtk-- or my unfamiliarity with C++, but I thought I'd check here
> first and see what suggestions anyone might have. :)

[SNIP]
> work. Also, leaving the xref_label in while commenting out the
> done_button portions also works! It seems like I can initialize 4
> variables, but not 5.
>
> I've RTFMed, surfed the web, and banged my head against the keyboard,
> but I can't spot the problem. Can anyone help?

No.:)

I tried your program and it worked without problems. I added just lines
#include <gtk--.h>

and

void main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    Gtk_Main m(&argc,&argv);
    KExtInfo fi;
    fi.show();
    m.run();
}

And it seemed to work just fine, the label did appear to the screen
and done button appeared too... So, to solve the problem, you should
give stack dump of the crash (gdb ./myproggy ; run ; where   will give you
the stack dump)

(while testing this program, I found an odd feature from egcs/linker
under linux .. looks like linker didnt find Gtk_Object::signal_connect
at all, even though my libgtkmm-1.1.so does seem to have it :-)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --