Re: Gnome/GtkCanvas (was Re: gtk_args_collect & gnome--)

otaylor@redhat.com said:
// But not everything that a Gtk program uses comes from libgtk.The
// established convention is that each C library uses a unique short
// prefix. The prefix for libgtk is gtk_. Having things in there
// beginning with gnome_ (and shouldn't the gamma curve be
// sane_gamma_curve, and...) violates the accepted convention, and will
// cause all sorts of confusion.

// ("How how do I easily draw a circle. Use the Canvas widget.
//   So I use gtk_canvas_new(). No, it's the GnomeCanvas widget.
//   So it's in the Gnome libraries? No, it's in libgtk...")

I agree with those arguments but this is not the subject of my mail.

What may be  Miguel/Frederico decision, it should be quick, because,
the canvas is gonna be widely used in the next week (it's a fantastic widget)
by numerous programmers. A name change, if it doesn't occur now, would
create a big mess, a least for several days as it would break the misc
bindings and programs using gnome-canvas. This is not good for gnome or gtk's
reputation.

  Bertrand GUIHENEUF           	E-Mail: bertrand.guiheneuf@inria.fr
                               	Tel.:   (33) 01 39 63 50 36

                    !!  Use GNU/LINUX OS  !!