overriding/changing key/key_press in gtkentry widget

The app I'm writing is a wrapper to a legacy application, and the legacy
application used control-C to stop running and prompt for a new command.
Is there a way to put a key_press callback in front of the one which the
entry widget uses, to intercept certain keys and pass the rest on to the
normal key entry function?  Or, perhaps a way to add our own callbacks
to the control_keys[] callback table?

Another possible use would be for a history mechanism bound to the
up/down arrow keys, though it appears that I could switch to the combo
box to handle that case.

Or should I just "subclass" the entry widget with my own?

Brandon
--
Brandon Long (blong@fiction.net)             [http://www.fiction.net/blong/]

      "A man said to the universe, 'Sir, I exist.'
      'However,' replied the universe, 'the fact has not created in me a
               sense of obligation.'"  -- Stephen Crane