Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compling problems with GTK+-1.1.2

James Lewis wrote:
> Kevin Cozens wrote: glibs-1.1.3
> > You mentioned you have installed glibs. I take it you mean glib. Do you
> > have a 1.0 version of glib installed in addition to the 1.0 version? g_log
> > is in the 1.1 version of glib and not in 1.0. I have both 1.0 and 1.1 of
> > the GIMP on my machine along with the appropriate glib and gtk+ libraries
> > so I have experienced the problem when I forget to set my environment
> > properly before I try and recompile.
>
> Yes, sorry it is glib.  I just added the s without thinking...
>
> I have version 1.0 installed as well.  When I run the configure script, it
> finds 1.1.3 without a problem.  What environment variable does gtk+ look for
> when trying use glib 1.1?

My source for the 1.1 GIMP & co. is stored under /usr/local/src/gimp on my
machine.
The installed versions of all of it go in to /usr/local/src/gimp/test.

Before starting to compile the code I do the following:

setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS '-I /usr/local/src/gimp/test'
setenv PATH /usr/local/src/gimp/test/bin:$PATH
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/src/gimp/test/lib

I then go in to the directory for the part I'm trying to compile and do the
usual steps (sh autogen, ./configure, or just make depending on what has
been altered).

To run GIMP 1.1, I do the following (this is in a script file hence the $*
on the last line):

setenv PREFIX /usr/local/src/gimp/test
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $PREFIX/lib
$PREFIX/bin/gimp $*

This is based on the information off the GIMP web site although I don't
remember exactly where. It allows me to have GIMP 1.0 and GIMP 1.1
peacefully co-exist.

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
      or:ve3syb at rac.ca          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg