Re: [gtk-list] Compling problems with GTK+-1.1.2

James C. Lewis wrote:

> I get the following error while comping GTK+ 1.1.2 ... (didn't know if
> anyone else has had this problem...)
>
> testgtk.c starts erroring out with
> 1189: undefined refernce to 'g_log'
>
> and a TON of undefined references in .libs/libgtk.so ...
>
> I installed glibs-1.1.3
>
> -James C. Lewis
>                 _
>    /_ _  _  _  / )     /  _    ' _
> (_/(///)(-_)  (__ .   (__(-((//_)
>
> PUCC Information Center Consultant
> jclewis@purdue.edu
>
> Please place all complaints in this box --> []
>
> --

I am having the same problem on Solaris. (Or the same symptoms anyway.:)

I have recieved a message from Owen Taylor. He said he had made
some changes to the config and suggested a fix. The fix didn't work
for me. You should have seen it on gtk-list. I have tried to attach
the message to this note also.

If I get it resolved, I will drop you a note. For now, I have gone back
to glib 1.1.2 and gtk 1.1.1

Todd
Todd & Lisa Dukes
tjdukes@flash.net

Todd Dukes <tdukes@ibmoto.com> writes:

> I am trying to build gtk-1.1.2 and I get alot of
> undefined symbols. It is almost as if it cannot find
> glib-1.1.3. Has anybody else seen this problem?

As a quick guess, you probably are building on
a non-ELF platform.

Try making a symlink from libglib-1.1.so to
libglib-1.1.so.3.x[.y] and then editing the glib-config
script to say -lglib-1.1 instead of -lglib.

(I made some configuration changes which I didn't
think about carefully enough in terms of all platforms.
It will be fixed, on way or the other in the next
release.)

Regards,
                                  Owen