Size allocation wierdness?

Hi!

I get, um, unexpected resizing behaviour from one of my widgets under gtk+
1.0.6. How do I go about finding out why I get that behaviour?

Here's what my widget tree looks like:

Toplevel, containing a scrolled window, containing a GtkFixed. The GtkFixed
contains a number of VBoxes that, in their second 'slot' contain tables. One of
those inner tables contains a frame that contains another GtkFixed, which
should shrink (some of its children are moved, and I call
gtk_widget_queue_resize on it), but doesn't.

The inner GtkFixed properly requests a smaller size, but still gets the
previous (larger) size allocated! There doesn't seem to be anything preventing
the widget from shrinking...

Hoping for some help,

Johannes.
--
Fourth law of thermodynamics:
If the probability of success is not almost one, it is damned near zero.

Visually inspecting visual programming languages.