Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_init wierdness

   Yikes.  That IS scary.  I thought only Solaris was brain-dead enough to
   let things like that slip through.  Glad to see libc6 (glibc2) crashes on
   that error.

It doesn't exactly crash on that error, it just lets nature take its
course on the bad pointer.  This can include getting the stack so
badly corrupted that gdb is useless in finding the problem, and then
crashing.

Having spent several days a few weeks ago tracking down a crash that
turned out to be closing a file twice, I'd much prefer it would fail
and return EBADF.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002