Adding a bevel to an hbox (or any widget for that matter)

How can I set a bevel to an hbox or any other widget?  I need a bevel on
an hbox because I'm using it as a toolbar (incidently, the GtkToolbar
widget won't do a bevel either) and it's packed under a menubar... and
it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to have the menubar be beveled
and the toolbar not.  Also, I'm not going to pack it into a handlebox
because when it's dragged off the GtkDrawingArea widget I'm using likes
to clear itself... any ideas?