Re: [gtk-list] Re: file selection dialog

On 10/16/98 Scott Stone uttered the following other thing:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 padraig@turing.idc.ul.ie wrote:
>

> > hi,
> >
> > when you collect the filename from the file selection dialog using
> >
> > filename = gtk_file_selection_get_filename( GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fs) );
> >
> > it returns the full path of the filename. my question is: is there any
> > quick way to get just the filename (i.e. without the path) or do you
> > have to extract it (from the longer string) yourself?
>
> It's easy, just:
>
> char *s1=rindex(filename,'/');
> s1++;
>
> now, s1 is your base filename, without the path.

is rindex deprecated?  If so, strrchr would be a better bet:

char *s1 = strrchr (filename, '/');
if (s1)
{
  filename = s1 + 1;
}

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long             "... a boy who gets a 'C-minus' in
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy     Appreciation of Televison can't be all bad."