[gtk-list] Re: Newbie to GTK - Old on Xmotif - Spreadsheets?

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Adam Stein wrote:

>> I've just started hacking away with GTK. I originally was using X Motif, but
>> I like the look of
>> GTK better.  But I'm looking to see if there is a spreadsheet widget.  I
>> looked at the CList widget,
>> but it doesn't seem to have all the capabilities that I'm looking for.
>
>The only widget I've found is called "gtksheet".  From the README:
>
>  GtkSheet is a Matrix/Table widget for Gtk+
>  Originally, it was a variant of GtkClist widget (by Jay Painter) but
>  it became more than I expected, and actually it has almost nothing to do with
>  it.
>
>  This distribution includes a demo program where you can see many of the
>  widget's features.
>
>  You can download it from my ftp site:
>    ftp://ripley.ifir.edu.ar/pub/gtk/gtksheet/gtksheet-5.0.tar.gz
>
>I've been trying to use it.  I'm currently trying to put a C++ wrapper around
>it (via Gtk--).

I sent around an e-mail some days ago asking for new widgets,
made from scratch or compound widgets, without answer. I know
that everybody can do its own widgets (and it's a lot of fun),
but sometimes it's too much effort, taking into account that you
can repeat something already done. I would like to ask whether
there is some place a list of gtk+ (or gtk--) widgets made by
people that could be used by anyone. If not, I'm willing to do it
somewhere in my WWW homepage.

Cheers,

  J C
--
505-"What happens if you touch these two wires tog..."
	("FAMOUS LAST WORDS", collected by O.Rosenkranz)