Need for an advanced GtkText widget ...

Hi out there,

I want to know, if there is anyone working at better text widget, which can be used by an editor which knows "lines" ?

I think, there is a need fir this ! There should be a widget, which breaks the Text into lines an stores the text by line. Further, there should be a posibility to attach some user defined data to this lines. Last but not least, there should not be a line or word wrap, so we can us a horizontal scrolling bar.

With such a widget, we could do some nice things like syntax highlighting, text bookmarks, line numbering and so on more performant ...

Unfortunately, I'n not so familar with the GTK internals to do such work ... is there anyone out there, who can do such a work ? I would be happy, I could help with concepts, perhaps with some coding ...

Ciao,
Joerg

PS.: Is there a digest mode for this mailing list ?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !
!
!