Miss understand at tutorial.

In one paragraph you have:

2.5 Stepping Through Hello World

"The value you return in this callback lets GTK know what action to take. By
returning TRUE, we let it know that we don't want to have the "destroy"
signal emitted, keeping our application running. By returning FALSE, we ask
that "destroy" is emitted, which in turn will call our "destroy" signal
handler"

And next you find:

"Here is an example of connecting a signal handler to an object, in this
case, the window. Here, the "destroy" signal is caught. This is emitted when
we use the window manager to kill the window (and we return TRUE in the
"delete_event" handler), or when we use the gtk_widget_destroy() call
passing in the window widget as the object to destroy."

Witch one is correct ?

Thanks in advance
Ventura