How to toggle a pixmap in a 'gtktreeitem'......

Greetings. I am creating my own widget the is inherited from the
'gtktreeitem'
widget that allows the user to provide a pixmap for both the collapsed and
expanded
states or just a pixmap in general with label. It is not done as you can
see, but
the difficulty is how do I make the pixmap change after the widget for it
has been
created so that when the tree is collapsed or expanded that pixmap will
change. I
do not want to use 'gtkctree'. Thanks in advance. Below is the archive of
the widget
in its current state.

Steve

mywidget.tar.gz