Re: [gtk-list] alignment question

>>>>> "Ostroff" == Ostroff, Jack H <jack_h_ostroff@groton.pfizer.com> writes:

Ostroff> I'm trying to create a window (actually just part of a
Ostroff> window) with a column of widgets (some buttons, some combos,
Ostroff> some menus) and I want each to have a label to it's left, but
Ostroff> I want the labels to all be right justified, i.e., up against
Ostroff> the button or combo.  If I put each label and button in an
Ostroff> HBox, I can't get all the buttons/combos the same width.  If
Ostroff> I put all the labels in one VBox and all the buttons etc in a
Ostroff> second VBox I can get the right vertical alignment, all the
Ostroff> buttons to fill the width of their VBox and thus all the same
Ostroff> width, but the labels are all centered in their VBox.  Have I
Ostroff> missed some simple way to get all the labels right aligned?

I think you should really be looking at the GtkTable widget.  From
your description, it is exactly what you need.  The best way to figure
out how to use most widgets is to grab a copy of glade from
http://glade.pn.org/ and check out the code it produces.

- Dave