Re: [gtk-list] Re: [gtkmm] Re: ANNOUNCE: GTK+ 1.1.5 Released

Tero Pulkkinen <terop@students.cc.tut.fi> writes:

> this is good news for us - we can get rid of all cut/paste code of gtk+'s
> construction.

There already was next to none left, thanks to the _construct()
functions.

> We do use gtk_type_new() to construct all our gtk+ objects.

I should have been more precise : we use gtk_type_new() to init the
parent, never the derived type :

Gtk_Scrollbar::Gtk_Scrollbar()
	: Gtk_Range(GTK_RANGE(gtk_type_new(c_class.get_type())))

I tried once to call gtk_type_new() to init the derived type, and
signal redirection wouldn't work properly, remember ? This was back in
april or may.

> yes, we'll have to change alittle, but that change only removes extra
> code... => a good thing.

I'm afraid not, at least not yet. Check scrolledwindow.gen_h and see
what I had to do to make it work again.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent