Re: [gtk-list] Re: Okay, newbie here

>There are a few places you can go for information.  You can use the
>tutorial at www.gtk.org for more information about widgets.  You can
>also go to my page at www.bcpl.net/~eharlow/book for some information
>on creating widgets.

I've looked at the tutorials, it's the reason I'm as far as I am. :)

>When widgets are created, you're given a GtkWidget * that you can use
>to refer to widgets later.  It's probably best for you to also take a
>look at the sample programs that come with GTK in the examples
>directory as they were helpful to me when I first started playing with
>GTK.

So I need to store a pointer to my widgets in a linked list like thing? I've
got the program to show things, but I need a way to reference those widgets
after I've created them, in a whole 'nother function. I think I'm going to
have to do a "widget collection" list or something. I was just hoping there
was some builtin way of doing it, because the only other way I could think of
is global variables, which are annoying...

Thanks! (BTW, I'll take a look at that page of yours. Thanks!)

Chris Wiegand

'If Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows crashed...
 ... Oh wait a minute, he already does...' - Anonymous

Linux \'lih-nucks\ n.: Antidote to the computer viri known as Windows.