Re: [gtk-list] Okay, newbie here

There are a few places you can go for information.  You can use the
tutorial at www.gtk.org for more information about widgets.  You can
also go to my page at www.bcpl.net/~eharlow/book for some information
on creating widgets.

When widgets are created, you're given a GtkWidget * that you can use
to refer to widgets later.  It's probably best for you to also take a
look at the sample programs that come with GTK in the examples
directory as they were helpful to me when I first started playing with
GTK.

 -Eric

---Christopher Wiegand <cwiegand@urgentmail.com> wrote:

> First off, please forgive the stupid question. I program C in text
mode, and
> I'm trying to learn GTK so I can do GUI stuff. I'm used to VB5, for
> background.
>
> I'm doing a program where the user will select a combo box, enter
some text,
> check (or not) a checkbox, then press "Do it!" and normally in vb5
I'd do