Re: [gtk-list] Re: 64-bit Architecture Pointer Storage

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 11:31:09AM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Apparently the guint's being referred to are:
>
> struct _GtkItemFactoryEntry
> {
> [...]
>   GtkItemFactoryCallback callback;
>   guint			 callback_action;
> [...]
> };
>
> 'callback_action' isn't meant to be a pointer. Rather, it's
> meant to be a guint.

That's what I wanted to hear, which means we've been
abusing that member, instead of facing big problems
with the GTK item factories.  :)  I thought I had expressed
this thought in my original message, maybe I didn't.

> I think the idea of having it here is to allow several
> menu entries to use the same callback. For instance,
> if you had radio menu items for justification, you
> could have an enumeration with values JUSTIFY_LEFT,
> JUSTIFY_CENTER, and JUSTIFY right.

Ok, so this particular member isn't expected to hold
anything of value to GTK or the item factory?  Basically,
it's just callback data, in guint format.  That's nice
to hear... I'll take a closer look at this and make
sure we're no longer stuffing pointers there.  :)

--
Shaw Terwilliger