Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk-- wants GtkRcStyle (& more)

Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> Hmm, maybe we should rely more on the cvs snapshots and make releases
> less often and try get more people use the newest cvs version?  This
> would certainly mean that the release would work only with
> gtk+1.0.*'s... But I guess its the case even now...

Maybe a release could be when the cvs snapshot will work with the
latest gtk+ release. This should be doable since one the gtk+ is
a numbered release it shouldn't change anymore. Just note that there
are no guarantees that there will necessarily be a gtk-- release for a
particular release of gtk+. You could note which gtk+ matched with
the release of gtk--. Then people could be reasonably current without
experimenting with multiple snapshots of each glib, gtk+, and gtk--
until finding one that works.

What do you think?

Todd