Re: [gtk-list] usability problems in Open File dialog

   The main function of a open file dialog is open files,
   not create directories, rename files or delete files,
   actually this buttons are at the same degree (or more)
   that open and cancel buttons, they are competing at the
   same level for the user attention, they are interfering
   with the real important buttons (open & cancel), altough
   is good to create a directory, their action must be less
   visible than the action 'open'.

I agree with this, but more strongly.  These directory manipulation
buttons seem very out of place to me; I'd very much like to be able to
get rid of them.

Also, a ``filter'' button would be a very helpful addition.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002