Re: [gtk-list] Re: My two cents on Asthetics

On 11/06/98 Mikael Hermansson uttered the following other thing:

> Of course this can be fixed in the gtkrc file, but how many gtk
> applications looks for the gtkrc file???
>
> I have not yet seen anyone. I have added this lines to my own applications:
>
> char rcfilename[512];
>
> sprintf(rcfilename,"%s/.gtkrc",getenv("HOME"));
>
> gtk_rc_parse(rcfilename);
>
> of course this means that .gtkrc must exist in the homedir...

Actually, I think some definite suggestions in the tutorial, or possible
a "guide to making applications" for GTK which specifies or suggests how
to handle things like the rc file.  I know that GNOME has such
guidelines, but if there are going to be non-GNOME GTK apps, such
guidelines would be a good idea.

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long       "I refuse to believe the afterlife is run by you.
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy     The world is not so badly designed."