Re: [gtk-list] GtkCList question

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 03:55:37PM +0100, Hajba Szilard wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm developing an Information System Development Kit and I need a special
> list widget for database browsing. I made it using GtkCList with a
> constant number of rows, but I have a problem. My CList doesn't request
> enough space. I want the CList to request all the space that required to
> display the whole table. The problem is the CList has an internal scrolled
> window in it and I couldn't turn it off.
> Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

No suggestions here, but I've run into a situation where I'd really like
to have the CList take as much space as it needs, as well.  In my app,
I'd like to have a whole bunch of tables, displayed one after another,
with a vertical scrollbar to scroll through all of them.  I'd like to use
a GtkScrolledWindow to wrap up all the tables.  Think of it like a bunch
of HTML tables in a web browser, with your one scrollbar on the right.
Unfortunately, I've not found an easy way to do this...and, no, I don't
consider computing how large the full CList would be and allocating that
much space to be an _easy_ (or sane) way.

Owen