Re: [gtk-list] GtkCList question

Hajba Szilard wrote:
> I'm developing an Information System Development Kit and I need a special
> list widget for database browsing. I made it using GtkCList with a
> constant number of rows, but I have a problem. My CList doesn't request
> enough space. I want the CList to request all the space that required to
> display the whole table. The problem is the CList has an internal scrolled
> window in it and I couldn't turn it off.
> Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

Typically, you need to calculate the size of each data row yourself,
based on the pixel height of the font and any padding added above and
below each row's text.  I think you can get this out of GtkStyle.

With regards to turning off scroll, Gtk+ doesn't provide a "SCROLL_NONE"
policy I don't think, though I wish it did.  :)  Turning off scroll is a
bad idea anyway, unless your data absolutely, positively will fit on a
single screen -- even if the user is running 640x480.

	Jeff