Re: [gtk-list] Re: Key binding problem

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
>
> > I just recently upgraded from GTK 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 and quickly noticed
> > a bug (or at least a for me unwanted change in behavior). I search
> > through the list archive briefly and found nothing related.
> >
> > Since upgrading, M-b (normally backward-word) goes to the beginning of
> > the line (same as C-a) and M-f (forward-word) to the end of the
> > line.
> >
> > Is this a known problem, and if so, is there a patch? It's mightly
> > annoying when I type M-b C-k which I often do to delete a word.
>
> I can't reproduce this here...
>
>  - What are the details of your system?

 Linux mouser 2.0.35 #5 Sat Oct 10 17:04:52 PDT 1998 i586 unknown

libc 5.4.23, gcc 2.7.2.1

>  - Can you reproduce this with gtk/testgtk? Do the particular
>    words matter?

I tried with testgtk and it's reproducable. However I noticed that it
doesn't happen with the text widget. I have only managed to do it in
an entry widget.

Words doesn't seem to matter at all.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Williams and Holland's Law: