Re: [gtk-list] Re: please heeeeeeeelpp: gtk_window_position (.., GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Adam Kopacz wrote:

> > Well if you use a GtkWindow GTK+ can take care of getting things right
> > for you.
That's not true in all situations :-(.
As I reported some weeks ago, I was able to set GDK_HINT_MIN_SIZE and
GDK_HINT_MAX_SIZE for a GdkWindow so that resizing showed the wished
effect of resizing the pixmap in the window (that means _scaling_ it
to fit the window).

Using a GtkWindow the contents pixmap is displayed only partially when
shrinking the window and ist displayed multiple times when enlarging
the window.  Unfortunately nobody in this list and nobody in gtk-app-devel
could help me with this question.  Should I try to shout in the
subject like "please heeeeeeeelpp", to emphysize that my problem
is really importand for me?  Surely not but it seems me that there
isn't a GTK+ solution (under GTK+ 1.0.6).  Is there any solution
under GTK+ 1.1.x??

Regards

          Andreas.