Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk or gtk--

Cyrille Artho <cartho@netlink.ch> writes:

> Thanks to all people who responded to my question. I see it like this:
> - In terms of documentation, qt is a clear winner.
> - qt and gtk-- are more elegant than gtk+ due to the OOP implementation.

gtk+ is OO too, strictly speaking.

> - gtk-- keeps lagging behind gtk+ for the near future, but will
> hopefully catch up sooner or later.

We're lagging a bit behind gtk+ 1.1. We're quite up to date with gtk+
1.0.

By "a bit", I mean that between 10 and 15% (this is just an educated
guess) of the API is missing. It's already very useable, IMHO.

> - Personally I think a C++ implementation is much more elegant. Because
> the GUI part of the project will not be developed before the end of
> December, I still have a few weeks before making a final decision. I
> will check out the unfinished tutorial from the CVS tree, too.

There are also a few code samples rewritten from the gtk+ tutorial in
gtk--/examples/tutorial. More will come later.

> I wish best luck to both gtk projects (and also qt and harmony), and I
> hope that gtk-- 1.0 is reached during this year.

It's quite possible that we do, thank you for you wishes.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent