Strangeness with gtk_text_set_point

Hi all,

I've noticed some stange behaviour when using gtk_text_set_point on a
text area widget...

What I'm trying to do is insert some text by clicking a button, and then
move the cursor to the middle of that text. (I could detail why, but
that would be dull, and not really necessary:).

When using gtk_text_set_point to do so, it most definately *does* change
the insertion point of the text area. However, what it does *not* seem
to do, is actually change the visible cursor position.

So I'm a bit confused - i want to change the insertion point *and* where
the cursor is, but that doesn't seem to be possible, from reading
through the tutorial...

Does anyone know of any solutions to my problem?

Regards,

Lee.