Re: [gtk-list] gtk or gtk--

Cyrille Artho wrote:

> I am currently evaluating the benefits of gtk vs gtk-- and (no flames,
> please) qt.
> Finally, what can people recommend based on their own experience?

The QT documentation is a lot better, the tutorial helpful and
interesting (the cannon games not bad actually ;-) and just about
everything in the tutorial is hyperlinked to class references etc.  Also
QT has a lot of example programs to play with.  Whether or not Qt is
easier / better / faster I don't know.

If you know C, gtk will not be a problem.  The lack of documentations a
bit of a problem if your new to C.  But C++ is worse for newbies than
C.  But i like OOP in a language which directly supports it.

Gtk-- isn't yet at 1.0, so what state its in I won't guess.

George Russell
--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them,