Re: [gtk-list] What about dead-keys support from gtk?

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 08:43:04PM -0300, Claudemir Todo Bom wrote:

 [cutted]

> * I never seen an application (except xterm and color_xterm) that use
> the X11R6 call to make it
>
> It will be useful if GTK+ use it (I don't now either the name nor the
> way to call it)
>
> Best regards, and waiting for someone enlightened make it,
> --

Well, I don't know why can't you type using dead_keys but my gtk is just
fine. I use it all the time. The only problem I had was that XFree86 xkb
file for portuguese didn't define the dead keys, maybe you should check
yours.
By the way, I reported this to the debian bug tracking system, hoping that
they would report it upstream but thre's been no follow-up. Anyone knows
what's the proper address at XFree86 to report it ? (I know , I'm beeing
lazy not looking for it).

--
Nuno Ferreira
nmrf@rnl.ist.utl.pt