Re: [gtk-list] gtk_events_pending

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Didimo E. Grimaldo T. wrote:

>     Because this dialog needs to be modal, and wait for the OK/Cancel
>     response from the user I tried the gtk_events_pending() construct
>     suggested in the GTK Tutorial, but... I get a linking error
>     because the function does *not* seem to exist! no prototype either.
>     I looked into libglib.a libgdk.a and libgtk.a but found nothing
>     similar.
>
>     How do I do that then? was it a typo error in the tutorial (I have
>     seen several errors in the examples too)?
>
>     Also, it would be nice if there were utility dialog functions for
>     info/question etc. such as in Tk and the FVWM95 library.

Gnome has the sugary dialog utility functions. Look in gnome-dialog.h,
gnome-dialog-util.h, gnome-messagebox.h, gnome-propertybox.h,
gnome-about.h. Something in there will probably do what you want.  If
nothing else you can copy the code (assuming your app is GPL or LGPL).

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp