Re: [gtk-list] Re: MDI?

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Nimrod Zimerman wrote:
> I finally found the time to look into this property, and it does indeed
> reproduce the required behavior. Almost.

>    XSetTransientForHint (GDK_WINDOW_XDISPLAY (connectWindow->window),
>                          GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (connectWindow->window),
>                          GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (mainWindow->window));
> Other than that, XSetTransientForHint seems to work very well. I've not
> experienced any other side effects.
>
> (Obviously, this should probably be incorporated into gtk's internal
> structures in some way. The current solution is merely a kludge).

>From what I can understand of the ICCCM docs I've read, the ICCCM
compliant behaviour would be to set the property for all pop-up windows
to the top-level window that caused them to appear. However, wether that
is actually a Good Thing or not (and/or entirely compatible with gtk as it
is currently implemented) can be discussed. Either way, I think it should
be settable from within gtk.

Best regards,
David