Re: [gtk-list] Re: form widget?

"Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel@fastlane.net> writes:

> In a previous message, Sami Juhani Kallio says:
> > Is there any widget like Motif form where you can attach a widget to
> > the sides of the form and/or to other widgets? If not, how would you
> > implement this in gtk?
>
> Form widgets in Motif map to "vbox" (vertical alignment) and "hbox"
> (horizontal alignment) in GTK.  The Tutorial has a pretty good description
> of using these under the "packing widgets" section.  In general, you create
> the h/vbox and pack children.  The gtk_box_pack_start() function is used to
> determine how the children are aligned internally to the h/vbox.

Form as in Motif is more general. You can attach widgets separately
and attach widgets to each other.

On the other hand, I didn't find any good example of a GUI where form
would be really needed. I think there is some, but in general, form is
too complex and it is too easy to get a mess with it.

--
Sami Kallio	                    		email: samik@eiffel.com
Interactive Software Engineering, Inc.		Tel: +1 805 685-1006