[gtk-list] Re: Proposed widget

> I haven't needed such a widget in the past, but it makes sense to me.
>
> Will you have labels for the vertexes (vertices?)?

No, the widget is basically very primative, so you will have use
a gtktable to place the trisel in.  Then you can use labels, pixmaps,
even buttons to decorrate the axis.  This avoids making this a container.

> Also, it might be
> nice to have numbers or 3 little bar graphs showing the magnitude of
> each of the factors.

This could be easily achieved with the use of chained scrollbar also
in the table.  (And was going to appear in my demo usage anyway,
there is a similar usage of scrollbars in my gtkglarea-- demo.)
However, since there are other ways besides scrollbars, it
is best if it is left to the programmer to decide how
display an alternative view.  I placed an example layout using
the widget on the web site to show how this might look.

> It's rather difficult to picture how much any one
> factor gets when the little triangle is floating around somewhere in the
> middle.  3 numbers or bar graphs would give that information pretty much
> instantaneously.
True.

> When you're finished, you could color-code the corners, fill it with
> pretty gradients, and update the color of the center triangle on the
> fly!  :)
This might work, but I was afraid to do this graphics myself, because
such coloring would be outside the ability to stylize.  Any ideas
on how to add styles to contributed widgets?  (or should I stick to
those provided.)

> 	- Scott

Thanks for the comments.

--Karl